[Histonet] Immunofluorescence and background

Jerry Lyons jerry.lyons <@t> ucd.ie
Wed Mar 30 03:51:58 CST 2005

Hi Histonetters,

My project is based on breaking immune tolerance to the self-antigen
flk-1 for tumour therapy.
I am now trying to detect antibodies to flk-1 in whole mouse serum by
immunofluorescence. The Flk-1 receptor is expressed on transfected BHK
cells and I incubate the mouse serum at dilutions of 1:50, 1:100, and
1:200 with the cells overnight at 4 degrees celcius. There are positive
cells but the background is really obscuring the whole picture.

I would very much appreciate if anyone felt they could offer
suggestions on eliminating the background on the immunofluorescence.

Thanking you in advance.

Jerry Lyons