[Histonet] Cutting Skin Lesions with keratotic areas[Scanned]

Kemlo Rogerson Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> elht.nhs.uk
Wed Mar 30 01:39:16 CST 2005

Processing is the answer; most things will eventually cut if they are
adequately processed. You may like to try 'double embedding' or other
similar techniques; if you wish for further advice then don't hesitate.

-----Original Message-----
From: John.Thweatt <@t> med.va.gov [mailto:John.Thweatt <@t> med.va.gov]
Sent: 29 March 2005 17:52
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Cutting Skin Lesions with keratotic areas[Scanned]

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to successfully cut sections from
skin lesions with keratotic areas (from the paraffin block)? Our pathologist
has concerns that is not cutting right, therefore it is not staining
correctly. We have tried everything we can think of. Any suggestions? We use
low profile disposible blades, cutting at 5 micrometers using Microm
microtomes.

Thanks