[Histonet] B5 Fixative - postfixation??

- - emerald_lake77 <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 15:40:53 CST 2005

Hello all,

Regarding B5 fixative (not the substitutes), does it have the same effect on nuclear staining after samples has been fixed in 10% NBF and processed?  The question was posed to me during a meeting and honestly, I have never really known.  I know before even fixing, the tissue can be dropped into B5 for a few hours and then switched into 10% NBF to hold until processing.  But for sections that have just been processed routinely and brought to water,  can one place them into B5 and hope to get better than usual nuclear staining??