[Histonet] REmounting sections

Kathleen Boozer BoozerKA <@t> pa1.ah.org
Fri Mar 18 10:50:57 CST 2005

I have been told you can put it in the -50 C freezer and it will pop
off....I have never personally tried it though.....

>>> "Dianne Holmes" <dholmes <@t> anatomy.umsmed.edu> 3/18/2005 8:46:15 AM

I have a very special OLD (approx. 10 years)  brain slide with BDA
reaction that has been 'crashed' by a 1X objective !!  Is there a
relatively safe way to remove the coverslip and keep the tissue intact
to be remounted on a new slide?   Ordinarily, I would soak the slide
in
xylene to remove the coverslip but I am not sure of the integrity of
the
tissue and whether it can withstand such harsh treatment.   Any
suggestions?   Thanks - you guys have been wonderfully helpful in the
past.