[Histonet] Advanced Biomedical Scientists[Scanned]

Kemlo Rogerson Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> elht.nhs.uk
Tue Mar 15 02:20:25 CST 2005

I have recently become involved in a project whose remit is to look at
advancing the skills of the Biomedical Scientist in Cellular Pathology. I am
completing a critical path process for work passing through a Histology
Department to determine bottlenecks and those processes presently carried
out by Medical Staff that could be devolved to BMS's; obviously Biomedical
Scientists can assist their medical colleagues in a number of areas such as
in the 'cut up', reading of ICC and the triage of 'special procedures'.

I would be grateful for colleagues' thoughts as to how we may develop
Biomedical Scientists to enhance their roles and what these roles exactly
are. I am anxious that this is a constructive exercise that will result in
the equal delivery of the service nationally and will enhance Biomedical
Scientists jobs without stepping on anyone's toes.