[Histonet] Commonly used stains for kidney disease progession??

- - emerald_lake77 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 15:17:42 CST 2005

Hi everyone,

Quick question:

What are the commonly used stains/immunochemistry procedures to evaluate progression of disease within kidneys?  (I may need to know WHY also in case I am not familiar with a certain technique, stain, or antibody)

So far I have been told a number ranging from PAS, trichrome and a silver technique - but I started to become confused.  They all seem great but I think I may need the WHY along with the WHAT when answers are being sent back in reply.

As usual, thank you for your assistance.

G.T. Hebert
Cambridge Massachusetts