[Histonet] Mast cells staining with TOL

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Tue Mar 8 09:49:38 CST 2005

The Churukian Shenk toluidine blue - a wonderfully simple method never
gives you a lot of background staining in other tissues.  I am doing to
attach it to you privately. I know it works on paraffin sections from
animal tissues and is NOT affected by decalcification methods either.

Plus charge slides should work perfectly.

  At 07:31 PM 3/7/2005, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>

>We are looking for the Mast cells in rat brain. I have free floating
>tissue sections. The whole brain is fixed in formalin, sucrose and finally
>cryo-preserved in glycerol, ethylene glycol and PBS. I would like to know
>what would be the most suitable protocol for staining the Mast cells with
>Toludine blue. I would also like to know if I could use positively charged
>glass slides instead of gelatin coated. Finally, I would like to know the
>most stable concentration for Toludine blue stock solution.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Amira
>
>**********************************************************************************************************************************
>Amira Fitieh
>Research student
>Arvid Carlsson Institute for Neuroscience
>Göteborg University
>Medicinaregata 11
>Box 432
>405 30 Göteborg