[Histonet] fixation question

ddittus787 <@t> aol.com ddittus787 <@t> aol.com
Wed Jun 29 14:19:24 CDT 2005

Once tissue has been properly fixed ,NBF should have no huge effect on H&E, sometimes over-fixing (2 or more fixatives) can affect special stains, IHC,IN-situ. If I were a student and had 3 fixatives I would wait to get past the formalin step to be able to purely judge fixation issues of each independent fixative. You know what we learn and what happens in the real world is always different.
                                                     dana

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Llewellyn <llewllew <@t> shaw.ca>
To: Histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:22:41 -0700
Subject: Re: [Histonet] fixation question

If she is comparing the effects of three different fixatives, then she should go into the post-fixative part of the schedule. Otherwise she is comparing double fixation of two of them. That is another, seperate, question.

Bryan Llewellyn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scholz, Stephen J." <Stephen.J.Scholz <@t> osfhealthcare.org>