[Histonet] detachment of tissue from OCT compound

Stephen Peters M.D. petepath <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 12:15:55 CDT 2005

Paul,
I do not work with pre-frozen samples but my guess is your OCT has had some drying
and coming away from the tissue. You can try a techniqe I call plastering after you
have trimmed to where you will take the section. It will get some OCT into the space left
 by drying. I would use cold OCT to plaster so your tissue does not warm too much by
 the OCT and resuly in freeze artifact. The OCT will not penetrate very deep so you may
have to repeat the procedure if you are cutting through a lot ofr tissue to get your section.
See the  bottom of the page at this link below  to see this technique applied to a variety of situations.

http://pathologyinnovations.com/new_page_2.htm

Stephen