[Histonet] Pig Skin immunohistochemistry-losing sections during antigen retrieval

SABYASACHI BISWAS biswas.16 <@t> osu.edu
Wed Jun 29 11:33:50 CDT 2005

Hi All
We are facing a problem with our pig skin biopsy samples. We are involved in wound healing research and therefore have to do histological staining of pig skin. Our biopsies are taken with 6mm biopsy punches around a 3mm biopsy punch taken previously (the wound). The samples are fixed in formalin and embedded in paraffin. We were losing sections even during H&E staining but managed to solve that by baking the slides at 60degrees C for 1hour instead of 37 degrees overnight; we also use Superfrost++ slides. However during antigen retrieval using the microwave method we are losing sections wholly or partially. Does anyone have experience with antigen retrieval in pig skin samples. We appreciate any help/advice that you can give us.

Thanks

Sabya Biswas
The Ohio State University