[Histonet] uneven haematoxylin/eosin staining

Janice A Mahoney jmahoney <@t> alegent.org
Wed Jun 29 08:57:14 CDT 2005

I have experienced this problem at several labs where I have worked.  Finally figured out it happens more in the summer when the humidity is high.  It was due to incomplete removal of paraffin due to moisture in the xylene.  Try changing it more often or filtering it.  The filter paper will labsorbe the water.
Jan
Omaha NE

>>> Paul Bradbury <histology.bc <@t> shaw.ca> 06/28/2005 6:23:27 PM >>>
Sounds like a classical case of incomplete removal of wax before
staining begins. Check the de-waxing reagents and times.

Paul Bradbury
Kamloops, BC
Canada