[Histonet] Problem with CC1 on Benchmark

White, Lori lwhite <@t> lakeridgehealth.on.ca
Tue Jun 28 12:31:44 CDT 2005

Bill,
We have also been experiencing non-specific staining and do not use CC1
but retrieve offline.  The problem appears to be with specific lot # of
detection kits.  Ventana is aware of this problem and should be working
with you to resolve it.
Good luck!

Lori

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:16:52 +1000
From: "Bill Sinai" <bills <@t> icpmr.wsahs.nsw.gov.au>
Subject: [Histonet] Problem with CC1 on Benchmark.
To: "histonet \(E-mail\)" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Dear All,

Particularly those using Ventana IHC Stainers.

We have a Ventana Benchmark and recently (from the middle of May) we
have a problem with antibodies which have had a pre-treatment in CC1.

1     After CC1, whether mild or standard we are getting non-specific
biotin
type staining.  However, when you look at the slides they  look specific
in their staining although for the wrong antibody.  The negative
controls are displaying this phenomenon as well.

2.    The staining can be blocked with the Avidin-Biotin block, but this
does
not always remove the staining completely.

We are using Batch #'s 48091 & 48127 of CC1.

Thanks
Jane Milliken,
IHC Benchmark Driver

Bill Sinai