[Histonet] OIL RED O - Mounting Media

mpaula mpaula <@t> rpa.fmrp.usp.br
Tue Jun 28 12:09:19 CDT 2005

I mounted my fat slide with a mounting medium specific for Oil Red O

The Protocol is:

Apathy's Mouting Media

50 g sucrose PA
50 g Acacia (gum arabic) PA
150 ml Distilled Water
0.1 g Thymol
Mix Acacia and distilled water in a Becker. Place the Becker in a pan of
boiling water until the Acacia is dissolved. Than mix sucrose until dissolved and
put in a Thymol. Refrigerate to remove air bubbles.

Carefful with bubbles.

Thanks

MariaPaula Montiani Scandar
Department of Pathology