[Histonet] Frozen sections for IF

Andrea T. Hooper anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu
Mon Jun 20 18:40:55 CDT 2005

I have stored tissue (and even slides) for years at -80 deg C in
proper containers with no deleterious effects on cutting quality or
morphology. In addition, I have stained cut sections stored at -80
deg C for a year in proper containers with no deleterious effects on
the antigens I was staining for (CD31 human and mouse, EGFR, B220 and
other similar antigens).

It all really depends on how the tissue was stored and the antigen of
interest. But as Joe pointed out, fresher is always better and
preferred.

Sincerely,
Andrea