[Histonet] Demonstration of antigen on cell surface - question?

GT Hebert emerald_lake77 <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 17:53:03 CDT 2005

Hello,

How would one go about determining if your specific antigen (say for IHC) is located on the cell surface?  Right now it seems that the antigen is staining everywhere. (I am running a sheep anti-mouse 'antigen' and using a rabbit anti-sheep biotin conjugated with ABC + DAB for detection.  (My negative is normal sheep IgG -- is negative).  Is there a way through immuno or other that I can specifically say that the antigen is present on the cell surface?  Are there general cell surface markers that I can use along with my primary?  Thank you all.