[Histonet] Expiration date and new EA question.

Katia Cristina Catunda kccatunda <@t> uol.com.br
Sat Jun 18 09:56:14 CDT 2005

Thanks for all your answers, we'll probably donnating the products to a
resarch institution near here.

Now we are having papanicolaou's EA problem over here... slides are getting
too redish and  my feelings tells me that our main problem our last eosin's
batch, at the same time we are thying to addjust our EA recipe... Nowadays
we use: eosin y, bismark, light green (main solutions dissolved in distilled
water) absolute alcohol and some drops of phosphotungic acid and lithium
carbonate. Trying to find new recipes I've found all sorts of them.. using
vesuvine instead of bismark, using fast green instead of light green and
dissolving main solutions in alcohol instead of distilled water. As we have
been using this stain battery for more than 5 years and just know we thought
we should better update it I am completely lost... What recipes do you use,
is fast green better than light (read that it should be better fot stock
solutions)?

Thanks again,

Katia