[Histonet] elastic stain

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Fri Jun 17 11:28:46 CDT 2005

I use Movat's Pentachrome as a batch stain for elastic fibers.  I get the
kit from Polyscientific and reuse many of the reagents.
Patsy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Steven
Coakley
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 8:07 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] elastic stain

Good morning everyone,

Is there any elastic stain thats reliable for batch staining, that still
give the domonstration of fine/course of a good  VVG?  Also has anyone  the
potassium permanganate/oxalic acid prior to the elastic working solution to
achieve better staining of elastic fibers?  Any opinions on whether using
sodium thiosulfate or 95% alcohol is better for removing the iodine?

Steve