[Histonet] RE: Stupid question about Biocare Romulin red

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Fri Jun 17 02:45:54 CDT 2005

   Hi Jackie,

   I have tested that product for visualizing HRP activity too, but in my
   hands  it  wasn't red after preparation the full solution. There was a
   nice  strong  red/brown  reaction  product  in the tissue section. The
   reaction  product was  not  as red as AEC reaction for example. I have
   also  tested Vector Nova Red and have the feeling that this product is
   identical with BioCare's Romulin Red. With both products your sections
   need  to  be  mounted  organically  as  the  red reaction product will
   disappear  in  time  after aqueous mounting. My preference goes to the
   Vector Nova Red.

   Chris van der Loos, PhD
   Dept. of Pathology
   Academical Medical Center M2-230