[Histonet] goldners trichrome

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Tue Jun 7 14:41:09 CDT 2005

Hello Everyone

I have to perform a goldners trichrome.  The two protocols that I have
do not use bouins as a mordant.  One does state that the trichrome stain
benefits from picric acid fixation but also states that 10% NBF is fine.
Is this correct or should I mordant in bouins prior to staining.  I
figured I would ask the histonet first before I run the stain with and
without using bouins as a mordant.  Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC