[Histonet] Processing with mesh cassettes

pmarcum <@t> vet.upenn.edu pmarcum <@t> vet.upenn.edu
Tue Jun 7 10:02:08 CDT 2005

Be very careful adding detergent to your fixative or dipping cassettes in it.
The result can dissolve the lipids in the cell walls and cause very serious
problems with the microscopic examination.  The cytoplasm can become very
indistinct and difficult to understand in context of the tissue.

The tissue processor manufacturers don't usually like detergent in the systems
as it can cause foaming through out the plumbing with air pockets.

Pam Marcum