[Histonet] LFB with Vector ABC kits

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Tue Jun 7 09:57:29 CDT 2005

Hi Nick:

    You may have to 'do the experiment' yourself to answer the stain
compatibility question. Vector's "Intense" reagent makes DAB a very nice
gold color, should look nice with LFB. I have had excellent results with
"Intense". I suspect that it is a gold cholride-based intensifer.
    As for lithium carbonate, I as pretty sure that it is the carbonate
(ie alkalinity) you want, not the lithium, so try something with one
(more?) CO3 ion. Years ago one of the grad students in the anatomy dept.
at U. of Louisville med school did some testing on lithium versus other
alkalies, I don't remember exactly what she found.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.