[Histonet] LFB with Vector ABC kits

Donin, Nick (NIH/NCI) doninn <@t> mail.nih.gov
Mon Jun 6 15:19:23 CDT 2005

I am trying to stain using LFB in combination with the Vector ABC Staining
kits.  For the Vector Kit staining, I am using a biotin-conjugated secondary
antibody, which then conjugates with an avidin-peroxidase molecule which
reacts with a DAB substrate.  Does anyone know if these two methods are
compatible?  If so, is it preferable to do either one first?  Additionally,
my lab has run out of Lithium Carbonate for the LFB protocol, can I
substitute with Lithium Chloride?  I'm trying to stain formalin fixed,
paraffin embedded mouse brain.  Thanks for your help.  Email me any
questions or suggestions you have.  Thanks.

Nick Donin

CRTA

Neuro-Oncology Branch

National Cancer Institute