[Histonet] Biotinylating Primary Antibodies

Vernon Dailey vd38 <@t> georgetown.edu
Fri Jul 29 12:06:56 CDT 2005

Hi Histonet,

I am working on a project in which I need to use a VEGF monoclonal primary on FFPE mouse tissue. I plan on using sc-7269 from Santa Cruz. I am trying to avoid mouse on mouse issues and would like to biotinylate the primary. Are there and good commercial kits or protocols available for this procedure? Or, does anyone have another method they can recommend to get rid of the mouse on mouse artifacts. I have tried vector's mouse on mouse kit but would rather try something else. Thanks in advance.

-Vernon

Vernon Keith Dailey
IHC Laboratory Manager
Histopathology and Tissue Shared Resource
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
Georgetown University
Phone: 202-687-0047