[Histonet] Optimising the vasopressin V1b receptor stain

Lillian Garrett lilliangarrett <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 05:39:35 CDT 2005

Hi everybody,

I'm just wondering whether anyone has had success using the
vasopressin V1b receptor antibody from Alpha Diagnostics International
in brain tissue...  I am having trouble optimising this stain and get
faint to no signal......

Could anyone suggest possible ways of getting the most from this staining.....

The brain tissue is fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde....  I want to stain
cryosectioned material using DAB as the cromogen....  So far I have
increased the primary antibody incubation time to 48 hours and have
heated the sections to no avail.....

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Lillian