[Histonet] RE: Background staining: mouse on mouse Broad spectrum

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Wed Jul 27 02:54:33 CDT 2005

   Dear Cathy,

   From  your  mail  I  understand  this  Zymed  Histomouse Max Kit isn't
   working  for  you.  I heard from a colleague here in the hospital this
   kit  wasn't  working  background-free  for her on rat tissue either. I
   realized the Dakocytomation ARKit (based on streptavidin-biotin) isn't
   appropriate  here  as  well  since  you are dealing with liver full of
   non-blockable  endogenous  biotin. The  best  alternative  for  you is
   perhaps a Zenon kit
   ([1]http://probes.invitrogen.com/products/zenon). Like     with    the
   ARKit the  Zenon  kit  works  with an in vitro labeling of the primary
   antibody with  a  labeled Fab-fragment.  Kits  are available with many
   fluorochromes  as label, including FITC. This allows further enzymatic
   visualization   via  Rabbit  anti-FITC  and  goat  anti-rabbit/HRP  or
   whatever.

   This  doesn't  answer  your  questions, but might solve the background
   staining problem!

   Hope this works for you.

   Chris van der Loos, PhD
   Dept. of Pathology