[Histonet] RE: Black Paraffin

Barbara Stancel stancelb <@t> msn.com
Fri Jul 22 10:30:11 CDT 2005

Dear Steven,

If you just want to make a paraffin board, try black or brown crayons. Or go
to a candle store and get some candle/wax coloring made for coloring wax.
Good Luck

Histologically yours,

Barbara

Barbara Stancel
Eastern Laboratory, Pathology
Athens, Georgia  30604

Original Message:  From: Steven P Postl [mailto:]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:40 PM

A researcher is wondering (now so am I [I never heard this request
before]) if any company sells black paraffin and black embedding
cassettes?  No, this isn't a Gothic thing, a legitimate request.  Would it
be possible to add something to paraffin to make it stay a black color and
remain strong as our commercial paraffin products?  Thanks.