[Histonet] low temp thermometer

RCHIOVETTI <@t> aol.com RCHIOVETTI <@t> aol.com
Thu Jul 14 12:34:56 CDT 2005

In a message dated 7/14/2005 9:09:29 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
sjchtascp <@t> yahoo.com writes:

> We're doing allot of liquid nitrogen/isopentane snap freezing and I'd like
> to purchase a good low temp thermometer.  Any suggestions or advise out
> there?

Steve,

I've worked in several low-temp "bio"- type labs, and they all used Fluke
digital thermometers.

You can match the thermocouple to the temperature range you need to measure.
The website can steer you to a dealer or someone for tech questions, but I
know the J- and K-type thermocouples can read temps down near -200 degrees C.
That's around the temp of liquid nitrogen (-196) so it should do you well.

Go to Fluke's homepage here.  Then follow the links:
Products -> thermometers -> Fluke 50 Series II Thermometers -> Specifications

Cheers,

Bob

Robert (Bob) Chiovetti, Ph.D.
The Microscope Works
132 North Elster Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710-3212 USA
Tel./Fax 520-546-4986
Member, Arizona Small Business Association - ASBA