[Histonet] microwave tissue processors

Pereira, Laurie Laurie.Pereira <@t> sdcounty.ca.gov
Thu Jul 14 12:18:42 CDT 2005

Hello Everyone,

We are a small Veterinary Pathology laboratory and our Pathologist would like to look into a Microwave Tissue Processor.  He would like to know the pros and cons of such a processor.  We would only need a 30 specimen processor.  How long do the tissues need to fix in formalin before using the microwave?  Does the specimen need to be fresh or can it be 3 days up to 2 weeks old possibly autolyzed?  Does the processor use more alcohols?  We would appreciate any feedback from techs that have had experience with using the microwave processors.  Thank you in advance.

Laurie L. Pereira, RVT
SDCADDL (County Veterinarian)
5555 Overland Avenue Suite 4103
San Diego, CA. 92123