[Histonet] re macrophage marker

Bill billk1ibz <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 15:11:21 CDT 2005

Heating methods seem to diminish or abolish the staining-  I've tried HIER as well as other enzymes and Proteinase K works the best.

I use it at about 1 ug/ml using the following method-

 30 min in primary
30 min Rabbit anti-rat (adsorbed against mouse)
30 min labeled polymer (Envision+ HRP or Mach-2 ALP)
DAB or Permanent Fast Red

This method works great for me.

Carl Hobbs <carl.hobbs <@t> kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
Bill....thanks for insight. On the look-out for just a mac marker for a PhD student's project on FFPWs of mouse lungs. Have you tried Ag retrieval other than by proteolytic digestion? ( eg HIER)
CarlNo virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.