[Histonet] ADG & Dysferlin troubles

Joanne Mauger MAUGER <@t> email.chop.edu
Tue Jul 12 13:44:10 CDT 2005

Hi,
I use dysferlin from novocastra at 1:50 for 1 hour, followed by anti
mouse FITC at 1:100 for 1 hour. You should fix slide in acetone or
methanol for 20 secs prior to staining.

Jo Mauger

>>> "Lewis, Sarah" <LewisS <@t> ccri.net> 07/12/05 1:48 PM >>>
Hello histoneters,

    I could really use any procedural information anyone has on
Alpha-dystroglycan (antibody only available thru Upstate) and Dysferlin
(antibody from VectorLabs).

        I have been attempting the stains for 2months now with no
satisfying results. I have tried several different
procedures/fixatives/incubation times/dilutions/. I perform a battery of
14 neuromuscular Immunoflourescence, they are all BEAUTIFUL fitc green
with no background staining (picture perfect) .....except these two
boogers. PLEASE HELP me make my pathologist proud!!! ALL THE CREDIT TO
HISTONET!!!!

Sarah E. Lewis
Histotechnician
Childrens Research