[Histonet] RE:no nuclei in frozen sections Last post wrong subject

Stephen Peters M.D. petepath <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 09:20:31 CDT 2005

Are the nuclei totally missing? or are there holes in the nuclei? If there are holes in the nuclei
I believe this is one of the manifestations of freeze artefact which becomes very obvious
in sections in the under 3 micra range. Even though a cryostat is set for 5 micra it is very
 common for the first few sections to be different thickness, commonly a thick one followed
by a thin one.
I show pics of what I believe are nuclear ice crystals and the effect of section thickness on
 this page of my frozen section tutorial:  http://pathologyinnovations.com/new_page_3.htm.

If the nuclei are falling out, I have no answer.

Stephen