[Histonet] endogenous peroxidase blues

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Fri Jan 28 12:48:05 CST 2005

Thank you all.  You all are such a great resource, it saves me so much time
to not have to reinvent the wheel everytime something troubling comes up.  I
am wondering if others have tried this Dual Endogenous Block from Dako for
granulocytes?
Patsy

-----Original Message-----
From: Veronique Andriessen [mailto:vandries <@t> vub.ac.be]
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 3:51 AM
To: Histonet; Patsy Ruegg
Subject: RE: [Histonet] endogenous peroxidase blues

Hi Patsy,

I have encountered somewhat of the same problem with endogenous peroxidase
in acetone fixed frozen sections of acute pancreatitis, which is invaded
with white blood cells. I tested several ways of blocking, home made and
commercial including  glucose oxidase. I never got it to work properly
(believe me, I've tried!). What worked for me in the end was a new product
by DAKO called "Dual Endogenous Enzyme Blocking Reagent" (S2003) (Thank you
Mr. van der Loos!) It should work on cell preparations, frozen tissue and
FFPE tissue (according to the manual). I only have tested it on frozen
tissue.
Just 10 minutes incubation at RT.

This is just my honest opinion, I hope this can help you.

Good luck

Veronique Andriessen BAS
Lab. Molecular Liver Cell Biology
Free University Brussels (VUB), Belgium