[Histonet] cd15 and morphology on bone marrows and lymph nodes

Andi Kappeler kappeler <@t> patho.unibe.ch
Wed Jan 26 10:18:31 CST 2005

We use the rb-a-mo IgM/Biotin in stead of our usual anti-mouse Ig secondary
antibody (which is gt-a-mo Ig/Biotin). As we still stain manually (yes that
exists...!) this is no problem. Adding the rb-a-mo IgM to your usual
secondary is theoretically possible, however if your secondary is a 'multi
link' reagent (anti-mouse and anti-rabbit cocktail) then you should not add
a rb-a-mo IgM/Biotin as it will be bound by the anti-rb component of your
'multi link' reagent. The system may still work, but I would prefer to know
what I'm doing rather than to 'let something happen' inside a tube where I
don't have control. If you want to add an anti-mouse IgM component to your
'multi link', make sure it does not intefere with any of the components that
is already in there (e.g. use a gt-a-mo IgM/Biotin).

Our protocol for CD15 looks as follows (in brief):
1. Deparaffinization --> TBS
2. Pretreatment, citrate buffer, pressure cooker, 7 min at 121 C, 1 bar;
cool down, wash
3. Incubate with mo-a-CD15, clone MMA, 2.5 ug Ig/ml
4. Wash
5. Incubate with rb-a-mo IgM (DakoCytomation E 0465, 1:500)
6. Wash
7. Incubate with enzyme system (ABC/HRP, LSAB+/HRP, whatever...)
8. Wash
9. Develop with 3,3'-diaminobenzidin /H2O2
10. Rinse, counterstain, mount

Best regards,
Andi