[Histonet] cryostat, ergonomics

Corazon D. Bucana bucana <@t> audumla.mdacc.tmc.edu
Thu Jan 13 15:45:56 CST 2005

We have a 6 year old cryostat that has been used heavily and I am looking
for input from experts on a good cryostat that is user friendly and
ergonomically designed (?).  We had problems with some users having
shoulder and back pains after prolonged use of the cryostat.  We had our
institution's wellness expert come and take a look at how the cryostat is
used and essentially he said to get rid of it.  So, before we
invest   money on a new unit we would like to hear from cryostat users in
the field.  Needless to say we will arrange for demos of  different units
but any tips or comments beforehand will be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Cora Bucana