[Histonet] Off-site storage of slides and blocks..

Shirley Powell POWELL_SA <@t> Mercer.edu
Wed Jan 12 14:03:07 CST 2005

A caution to all who store off site.  Once upon a time there was a hospital
that stored slides, blocks and reports off site.  One day "someone?"
discovered patient reports, a lot of them, in the landfill where garbage was
dumped, and the hospital found this out from the media.  Be careful who you
trust with your archives, make them sign the appropriate disclosure
documents, make them accountable.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Linda
Blazek
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 2:46 PM
To: TMcNemar <@t> lmhealth.org; histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Off-sitte storage of slides and blocks..

Tom,

We found that sending things like old reports (the ones we use to have
bound into books up until a couple of years ago) and all the extra
equipment that just hangs around was better sent to off site storage
than trusting them with blocks and slides.  That left us with somewhat
adequate space for our blocks and slides.
Linda

Linda  Blazek, HT (ASCP)
Department of Pathology
Children's Medical Center