[Histonet] Off-sitte storage of slides and blocks..

Stapf, Ross RossS <@t> BaylorHealth.edu
Wed Jan 12 13:51:29 CST 2005

We just had almost all of our storage moved off site as well.  It is
working ok.  They charge to retrieve/deliver as well as a small amount
to refile.  The same company takes care of all off site storage for
Baylor.

When I was in Maryland we had off site storage at warehouse space the
hospital maintained.  If you wanted timely retrieval you had to drive
and get it yourself.  Also a previous supervisor had used the cardboard
file boxes to store slides and over time multiple stacks had collapsed.
We had to refile all of them ourselves.  It took months of overtime to
fix that problem, as well as hiring a college student on summer break to
just work on refiling them into metal trays.

Ross M Stapf
Histopathology Manager
Baylor University Medical Center
3500 Gaston Ave.