[Histonet] Off-sitte storage of slides and blocks..

Tom McNemar TMcNemar <@t> lmhealth.org
Wed Jan 12 13:20:04 CST 2005

Hello all,

We are thinking of storing our blocks and slides off-site.  We may contract
with a company to store and maintain them, as well as dispose of them when
the time comes.  We would pay a monthly fee per cubic foot of space used and
delivery charges when we need to get them back.  Does anyone else do this?
If so, how does it work for you?

The problem is that we have no place to store them on-site.  Our space was
taken over by medical records and the slides and blocks were dispersed to
any place they could find.  They are stashed under and behind duct work,
this corner and that.  It's quite a mess.  I'm thinking that off-site
storage would be a good thing.  They guarrentee delivery is as little as
four hours.

Does anyone charge to retrieve slides/blocks?  I don't know if we could pass
the retrieval/delivery charge on to the requestor.....

Any thoughts appreciated.

Tom Mc Nemar HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Licking Memorial Hospital