FW: [Histonet] Azur B

Brett, Lawrence Lawrence.Brett <@t> luht.scot.nhs.uk
Tue Jan 11 09:03:52 CST 2005

Kristipher
Yes we use Azure B regularly as a counterstain for S100 or other
immunocytochemistry for melanoma.
Use a simple 1% aqueous solution of Azure B for 5 minutes after the immuno,
it turns the melanin green, making a nice contrast to the brown immunostain.
We don't usually counterstain it, you may have to stain with haematoxylin
first.

Lawrence Brett
Royal Infirmary
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristopher Kalleberg [mailto:Kristopher.Kalleberg <@t> unilever.com]
Sent: 11 January 2005 13:39
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Azur B

HAs anyone used Azur(e) B for a melanin stain.  I read the other day that
you
can use Azur B to stain malanin a green-blue, but everything else I read
only
says it is used for plant tissue.  If anyone has used it for melanin, how
does
it work and what would be the best counterstain.  Thanks.

Kris L Kalleberg
Unilever R&D
45 River Rd.
Edgewater, NJ 07020
201 840 2472

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.