[Histonet] Sections floating off of slides

rlprocto <@t> email.unc.edu rlprocto <@t> email.unc.edu
Mon Jan 10 14:31:48 CST 2005

Hello All,
I have encountered a problem H&E staining my paraffin embedded 8um mouse brain
sections.  The sections are floating right off some of the slides but some of
the samples are normal.
The sectioning was done between mid-November 2004 through last week.  The ones
sectioned more recently were embedded simultaneously and seem to be fine.
I tried baking the slides at 55 C for an hour, the problem persisted, but at a
slower rate.
Any tips to correct this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Becky Proctor
UNC-Chapel Hill