[Histonet] Section Longevity

Laurie Reilly laurie.reilly <@t> jcu.edu.au
Wed Jan 5 17:53:43 CST 2005

Dear All,
As Gayle suggested, many stains, eg. Perl's Prussian Blue, H & E, are not
affected by long term storage of paraffin sections.

Some that have given unsatisfactory results are controls for
micro-organisms. I have had old sections of controls for Gram positive and
negative bacteria, and controls for leptospira that would not stain properly.
Now I cut fresh controls and only keep them for a few days.

           Regards,   Laurie.