[Histonet] (no subject)

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Wed Jan 5 10:06:52 CST 2005

Depending on the kind of staining wanted, I have stained paraffin sections
on slides that were stored for years and didn't have any adverse
effects.  I was not doing immunostaining, just special stains.

Caveat:  some special stains may be affected by long term storage, one
reported is Masson's Trichchrome for collagen.  I would also be careful
about longer term storage for immunohistochemical stains.  Days are
probably not a problem.

This has been discussed before on Histonet, check the archives for further
info.

  and At 02:57 PM 1/3/2005, you wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>I was wondering how long paraplast sections that have been
>mounted on slides could be left alone after drying before
>staining.  Is there any reason they couldn't be left for days
>or weeks?
>Thanks for your advice,
>Frank

Gayle Callis