[Histonet] re-embedding blocks

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Mon Feb 21 10:15:42 CST 2005

I don't know about "generally". When I do this
(which isn't often) I use the same temperature as
for infiltration, which in my lab is about 60C for
a 58C wax. It works. Why do otherwise?

With regard to "a temperature that is generally
considered too high either for the paraffin or
for the tissue", you can expect a variety of
replies because this is controversial. A popular
notion is that too-hot makes the tissue unduly
hard to cut. I don't agree, but that's another
story, and there's plenty of HISTOMYTHOLOGY in
this area.

John Kiernan
Dept of anatomy & Cell Biology
University of Western Ontario