[Histonet] Clinicians surgeons and pathologists

Linda Blazek BlazekL <@t> childrensdayton.org
Mon Feb 7 08:31:43 CST 2005

Then there were the five doctors that went duck hunting.  They were
sitting in the duck blind when a duck flew over.  The obstetrician stood
up to shoot, and said "wait a minute, I think that's a male and I don't
deal with males."  Another duck flew over and the family practitioner
stood up to shoot and said "Oh wait a minute, I'm not sure if it is a
duck.  It might be a duck, but I think I'll wait and see."  Then a third
duck flew over.  The psychiatrist stood up and said "That is a duck!
But wait, does he know he's a duck?"  and sat back down.  When the
fourth duck flew over the surgeon jumped up and shot it and turned to
the pathologist and said "Go see if that's a duck".

Linda  Blazek, HT (ASCP)
Department of Pathology
Children's Medical Center
Dayton, Ohio  45404
(937) 641-3358
fax (937)641-5482
blazekl <@t> childrensdayton.org

>>> "Morken, Tim - Labvision" <tpmorken <@t> labvision.com> 02/04/2005
3:35:36 PM >>>

While clinicians know something about everything and  surgeons know
everything about something,  pathologists know everything about
everything -
but it's too late.

Tim Morken

And a surgeon once said of pathologists that the reason they always
seem to
know everything is that their elbows are closer to the books than
other
people's are.

Dr Terry L Marshall, B.A.(Law), M.B.,Ch.B.,F.R.C.Path  Consultant
Pathologist  Rotherham General Hospital  South Yorkshire  England
        terry.marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk