[Histonet] Re: Nomenclature: HT equivalent in France

John Auld John.Auld <@t> whnt.nhs.uk
Fri Feb 4 03:33:56 CST 2005

Hi Teri

You are correct about the UK. All path lab technical staff are biomedical
scientists, requiring BSc plus 1 years OTJ traing before becoming
registered (mandatory). This is changing slightly as new degree courses
which will incorporate some of the OTJ training are starting up. These will
allow the graduate to be registered at graduation, hopefully improving
recruitment. For progression to more senior levels MSc is required.
The Institute of Biomedical Scientists website has a lot of info

Hope this is helpful


John Auld MSc CSci FIBMS
Dept of Histopathology and Clinical Cytology
Arrowe Park Hospital
Arrowe Park Road

Internal extn 2560
External Tel 0151 604 7025

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:37:47 -0600
From: "Johnson, Teri" <TJJ <@t> Stowers-Institute.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Nomenclature: HT equivalent in France
To: "Histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
             <mailman.0.1107453600.17247.histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Content-Type: text/plain;            charset="us-ascii"

For those histologists working in France (and other European countries),
what is the nomenclature used for your position?  In the UK we are
biomedical scientists? And what are the education requirements for such?

Any info (or links to helpful websites) is appreciated.


Teri Johnson
Managing Director Histology Facility
Stowers Institute for Medical Research
1000 E. 50th St.
Kansas City, Missouri  64110
tjj <@t> stowers-institute.org

More information about the Histonet mailing list