[Histonet] de Olmos staining

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Tue Feb 1 16:13:20 CST 2005

The reference is:

De Olmos JS, Beltramino CA, De Lorenzo SDO (1994)
Use of an amino-cupric-silver technique for the detection
of early and semiacute neuronal degeneration caused by
neurotoxicants, hypoxia, and physical trauma.
Neurotoxicology and Teratology 16: 545-561.

For a complicated silver method like this one, it's
important to read the original, not just a list of
instructions. You can get the Abstract of the De Olmos
paper on line at

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?holding=npg&cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=7532272&dopt=Abstract

but this doesn't say how to do the method. For that
there's no alternative to a trip to the library.
--
John A. Kiernan