[Histonet] intranasal delivery dye tracer

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Tue Feb 1 18:19:09 CST 2005

    Hmmm. If the "practice" solutions work, does that mean that the
fluor-tagged marker will work? I think not. I would try something of the
same size, molecule wise, otherwise the practice may be for naught. If
you want to get substance X into the CNS, I don't understand practicing
with substance Y. Also, it sounds like your boss is assuming that the
tracer will be picked up by olfactory neurons and transported to a
particular target in the CNS? If the marker gets into the circulatory
system (via the olfactory mucosa), the blood brain barrier will still be
in the way.

Geoff

--
--