[Histonet] RE: endogenous peroxidase blues

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Tue Feb 1 07:30:23 CST 2005

   Hi all,

   On  Patty's request here is a little list of antibodies that were once
   tested  with the Dual Endogenous Enzyme Block reagent (Dako S2003) and
   the staining result.

   GFAP      (RbxHu)     (Dako)              rat  duodenum    no  problem
   OX6       (MsxRt)   (Serotec)         rat
   duodenum    negative
   OX17      (MsxRt)   (Serotec)         rat
   duodenum    weak
   OX42      (MsxRt)   (Serotec)         rat
   duodenum    negative          &nbs! p;
   CD

   These  antibodies  were not selected or something. Just, at some point
   this  blocking  kit  was  interesting to evaluate. As you see staining
   with  6/9  antibodies  resulted into  staining problems. Don't get too
   scared of this basically good product, but you guys are warned now for
   eventual failures!

   Chris van der Loos, PhD
   Dept. of Pathology
   Academical Medical Center M2-230