[Histonet] Using Embedding Medium in Place of Permount

Lawrence D Lanberg/O/VCU lanbergld <@t> vcu.edu
Thu Dec 29 18:23:24 CST 2005

I used the suggestions given to me by several of you: Mounting my slides
with excess Spurr's Formula I had (tucked away in the freezer)instead of
the usual Permount. For each specimen cut and stained, I mounted one slide
with Permount and another slide with my excess emebedding formula. There
was actually quite a striking difference in amount of wrinkles, between the
two types of mounts. So far I am extremely pleased with the difference, but
for the life of me I cannot understand why there'd be such a difference.

I thank you all for your suggestion. Hope my luck holds out!