[Histonet] Embedding Centers

Pamela Marcum pmarcum <@t> vet.upenn.edu
Wed Dec 21 09:14:58 CST 2005

At 08:25 AM 12/21/2005, Roberta Horner wrote:
>My embedding center just died.  Last time our maintenance looked at it
>they couldn't get the parts (its about 17 years old).  I need to get
>information quick on which ones you like and are good.  So far I have
>quotes from Surgipath and on the Leica but I don't know anything about
>them.  Any comments please?
>Roberta

Hi,

I will be totally different as i am buying the Thermo Shandon Embedding
Center.  I had it in for demo and it had all the features the others have
for timing and pre-sets as well as some independent temperature ranges I
likes.  Also the cold plate is seperate so I can have it on either side or
in another area if I want for special projects.  Good Luck, I think they
all work well it just depends for me on features and price and Shandon also
had the right price.

Best Regards,

Pamela A Marcum
Manager, Histology Special Procedures