[Histonet] Re: CD4 and CD8 mouse FFPE tissues

patsy ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sat Dec 17 14:09:32 CST 2005

Jamie,
I agree with you on this.  I gave up trying to do cd4 and cd8 on ffpe mouse
tissue and do it only as frozens now.  I am one that can't even get them to
work on human ffpe tissues, people have told me their methods but when I try
I fail even with human tissues with these t cell subsets.
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. #216
Aurora, CO 80010
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
www.ihctech.net

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jamie E
Erickson
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:13 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: CD4 and CD8 mouse FFPE tissues

HI Reinhard,
              I have tried many and I repeat many times to get CD4 and CD8
to work in FFPE tissues mostly with the purified monoclonals antibody from
BD biosciences and have failed. I have been doing mouse IHC for 12 years
and have come to the conclusion after many try's and conversations with
others in the field (Gayle Callis and others) that for CD4 and CD8 just
doesn't work for mouse FFPE IHC. We do research and I'm going to start
doing more frozen mouse work. Frozens are faster and you don't have to
beat your head against the wall to think of more antigen retrieval to try.
This may not be everyone's experience but for me I've had enough FFPE
CD4/CD8 and others..

 That's my opinion for what it worth.

Jamie Erickson
Sr. Research Associate